Want to fine tune your skills before heading off on a paddle trail or self-guided adventure?
Would like to control your craft and stay safe on the water, this is the award for you. In this award you will take ownership of your own discissions and learn to make confidence choices based on the paddle, wind, tide and weather.
This award will cover:
This award recognises your ability to independently paddle your craft in a sheltered water environment.
• Waterproof sun block (factor 30 or above is advisable)
• Water bottle with water inside (preferably a reusable one, we recommend Kleen Canteen)
• Any medication you may need whilst on the water
• Change of clothing (especially underwear)
• Swimming costume to wear under your wetsuit
• Old trainers or water sport shoes (shoes you won’t mind getting wet!)
• Warm jacket to warm up the core when you come off the water
* Please let me know if you cannot swim and I can supply a buoyancy aid for you.